Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Prepping the Soul


To think that at this age I know what I need to do and how to do it can sometimes give a false sense of security which can be dangerous.


It's amazing how much wisdom can come from someone so young. I hear such gems from peers younger then oneself is pretty sobering. I need to step it up.
Matt told me tonight that the key to leading worship well is not how much we practiced or one's singing ability but it's about prepping the soul before and sensitivity to the spirit. I've gotten caught up in trying to make everything work logistically that I forgot what I was doing it for. It's all for the glory of Jesus. I need to stop thinking about what everyone else think and worry about what pleases Him.
I have this bad habit of relying so much on myself and trying to do things my way rather then trusting in God to handle things.

I guess sometimes the only way that I remember that God is with me is when I have so much stress and pressure on my back it makes me strain my head up to see Him standing there waiting to live it off.

3 comments:

Jacob Wong said...

did you make that!?

good words btw.

Jacob Wong said...

sexy.

jamie said...

Bwahaha, I get free wi-fi rather blissfully due to my traumatic employment under the evil corporation.
But you can also get 2 hours of free wi-fi a day if you register your Starbucks card online.

...So DO IT!



Mm, also props on the blog.